Music Expo in Partnership with Sound on Sound Announces Final Speakers, Program and Exhibitor Lineup for Music Expo Boston Hosted By The Record Co.
Grammy Award-Winning Producers, Engineers, Music Artists, Composers, Sound Designers and Boston Music Industry Leaders Round Out An All-Star Lineup Of 30+ Speakers and Exhibitors
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (May 30th, 2018) - Music Expo, the multi-city series of conferences for music makers in partnership with Sound On Sound, announces the final speakers, program, and exhibitor lineup for Music Expo Boston, coming to The Record Co. on Sat., June 9, 2018. Grammy award-winning producers, engineers, music artists, composers, and sound designers will gather together to host audio production masterclasses, songwriting workshops, provide insight about the music industry and discuss the latest in music technology. Music Expo Boston is a rare opportunity for aspiring talent to learn from some of the most successful music makers. View the full program and purchase tickets here: https://musicexpo.co/boston.
“We are grateful to have the support of so many accomplished music industry creators and leaders from various backgrounds and within’ Boston’s music community. It wouldn’t be possible without all involved and we are excited for everyone to share their expertise. With the Boston program in its second year, we are continuing to grow, and we’ve added several more speakers this year. It’s exciting to be able to continue to share Music Expo as a platform that highlights important conversations about music creation, the music industry, production, technology and more.” said Loïc Maestracci, Founder of Music Expo.
Newly added panelists include; Songwriter and Producer Erin Barra (Beats by Girlz and Berklee College of Music), Archivist Jason Bitner, Recording Engineer Derek Blackburn (Imogen Heap, Amanda Palmer), Music Producer and Engineer John Escobar (Larry Coryell, Joshua Bell, Sarah Jarosz), Director of Arts & Culture at the Boston Foundation Allyson Esposito, Music Journalist Chris Faraone (Dig Boston, Boston Herald, Fast Company), Event Curator Lisa Finelli (Xperience Creative), Artist and Producer Derrick Floyd (IK Multimedia), DSP Engineer Brewster La Macchia (Clockworks Signal Processing), Studio Design Consultant Dave Malekpour (Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre), Publicist Angela Mastrogiacomo (Muddy Paw PR), Producer and Engineer Marquis Neal, Artist Cliff Notez (HipStory), Rapper and Promoter DJ Real P, Mastering Engineer Maria Rice (Magnetic Fields, Andrew Bird), TV/Film and Video Games Composer Pieter Schlosser, Booking Agent and Promoter Alyssa Spector (Lysten Boston), Hip Hop Promoter Ned Wellbery (Kendrick Lamar and Lupe Fiasco).
Previously announced panelists include; Co-Founder of Mmmmaven and Together Boston David Day, Recording Engineer Owen Curtin (The Bridge Sound & Stage), EDM Artist, Vocalist and Dancer Elyssa Nicole Fontes, Grammy-winning Record Producer Brian Gibbs (Los Tigres Del Norte), Composer and Sound Designer Paul Lipscomb (Destiny 2, Call of Duty: Black Ops III and The Vagina Monologues), Engineer and Artist Arjun Mendhi (MTonomy), Music Producer The Arcitype (Rapsody, Royce Da 5'9), Veteran Analog Engineer and Producer Drew Townson, EDM Artist, Composer and Producer Venomistoand Recording Engineer Jonathan Wyner (James Taylor, David Bowie, Aerosmith, Kiri Te Kanawa).
Program highlights in addition to previously announced sessions (HERE) include:
- From Score To Stage - Composer and Sound Designer Paul Lipscomb ("The Vagina Monologues," “Call of Duty: Black Ops III”) and TV/Film and Video Games Composer Pieter Schlosser (“Destiny 2,” “Transformers,” “Desperate Housewives”) will take an in-depth look at the process of creating orchestral scores for film and video game mediums. They will explore and showcase creative insider information *encompassing/regarding* from the writing process, working with an orchestra on a sound stage, expectations for final deliverable, and the difference between film and video games.
- Blockchain, A.I. and the Future Of Music - From the perspective of a music creator (artist/producer/business), investigate the current state of the industry, identify areas in need of change, and glimpse the next generation of the industry. Join Arjun Mendhi, CEO of MTonomy, in a conversation and live demo on the evolution of the music industry. Understand what technologies such as Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) can do for you, and how you can participate in building the future now.
- The ‘Black Magic’ Behind Mastering Tracks - Mastering Engineer Maria Rice will deconstruct a variety of masters in an attempt to unveil the “black magic” behind each one, discuss the ideological approach, the importance of balance, the issue of loudness, and the mastering chain. She will cover common questions regarding how to prepare your mixes for mastering.
- Audio Builders Workshop - The Audio Builders Workshop is a workgroup of The Boston Audio Engineering Society. They will offer an on-site group-build and seminar at Music Expo for anyone interested in designing or building music production products. The workshop will be guided by Derek Blackburn, Jason Bitner, Owen Curtis and Brewster LaMacchia.
- The Ultimate Production Station - IK Multimedia’s Derrick Floyd will introduce tips and tricks on how to take a productions from A to Z with the powerful Total Studio 2 Max, the versatile Keys IO and the surprising sound of the iLoud Micro Monitors.
- From Song To Mastering With New Technology - In this two-part workshop, Mastering/Recording Engineer Jonathan Wyner (James Taylor, David Bowie, Aerosmith) will demonstrate the process from scratch track to mastering with the latest technology. In segment one, Wyner will track Boston hip-hop mainstay Marquis Neal and DJ Real P using only Spire studio. In segment two, he will demonstrate how to quickly mix and master the recording using iZotope's Neutron and Ozone.
- Unmix To Remix with Venomisto - Renowned artist Venomisto will reveal his remix workflow, using cutting edge vocal extraction technology from Audionamix and discuss the basics of isolating vocals from a track, including audio source separation, pitch guide refinement, and spatial isolation. He will also explore advanced spectrogram techniques to improve the quality of an extraction and share his perspective on how to bring vocal extractions into musical context using Ableton Live and Native Instruments Traktor.
- Listen To My Music - Panelists Lisa Finelli, Alyssa Spector, Chris Faraone, Ned Wellbery and Angela Mastrogiacomo team up to share insiders tips on how shows are booked, music reviews are written and tips on how to promote music.
- Room Treatment and Speaker Positioning - Building a studio is not just a matter of gear, wiring, acoustic treatment, and furniture. It’s understanding how those elements combine to provide a creative and productive work space unique to your needs. Dave Malekpour will share his 20+ years expertise in high-end studios and discuss room acoustics, monitor positioning and share tips on how to achieve a more precise listening experience.
- Electronic Songwriting - Music Technologist, Performer and Berklee Professor Erin Barra will explore the collision of technology, writing, producing and performing with Ableton Live. She will build a song live on stage while replicating her workflow in the studio, ending with a short performance ad demonstrating her unique use of technology.
Music Expo Boston attendees will have the opportunity to win giveaways and prizes including iZotope’s Ozone 8, a Steinberg UR-RT2 interface with Rupert Neve transformers, a Prism Sound Lyra 2 and more. Gold sponsors for the 2018 season include Yamaha and Steinberg.
Music Expo Boston’s media sponsors include Tape Op, Making Music and gearslutz.com. Music Expo Boston's Exhibitors will include; Akai, Audionamix, Genelec, Earthquaker Devices, Eventide, IK Multimedia, iZotope, Prism Sound, Steinberg, Visilian Studios, and Yamaha. Community partners include AES Boston, Nomadic Collective, Mmmmaven, Soundgirls and Women In Music. Exhibition packages are now sold-out. For more information and to view the latest Music Expo Boston news and updates, click here: https://musicexpo.co/boston/.
ABOUT MUSIC EXPO
Music Expo is the multi-city conference series to inspire music makers. Hosted in association with Sound On Sound, the series connects top industry producers, DJ’s, audio engineers, songwriters, musicians and artists with aspiring talent to facilitate dialogue and exchange ideas about the art of making music. Music Expo presents a variety of exhibits, panels and workshops led by top music industry creators and is host to several of the industry’s leading music brands. Sponsors for 2018 include Sound On Sound, Yamaha, Steinberg and SAE Institute. The annual series was founded by Loïc Maestracci in 2014 and its reach currently includes Miami, Boston (6/9) and San Francisco (11/10). For the first time, the conference will come to Nashville (9/22), more details to be announced. Music Expo will continue to expand its presence in major cities nationwide. For more information about Music Expo, visit https://musicexpo.co/. Follow Music Expo on Facebook and Twitter.