Sold-out event captures the imagination of music makers
Music Expo Boston in partnership with Sound On Sound and hosted by The Record Co., sold out all tickets for its second consecutive year. Created for music makers it included the largest line-up to date with 30+ top-flight speakers and exhibitors
Grammy Award-winning producers, engineers, artists, composers, sound designers and Boston music industry leaders sparked engaging discussions about the future of the music industry, innovations in recording technology and the power of collaboration.
Stand-out sessions included:
- Composer and Sound Designer Paul Lipscomb.Grammy-nominated producer and engineer Jonathan Wyner shared expert advice on mixing and mastering with a live recording, mixing and mastering session of Dutch Rebelle/HumBeats track.
- Composer and Sound Designer Paul Lipscomb (The Vagina Monologues, Call of Duty: Black Ops III) gave and in-depth presentation about scoring for film and video game mediums. Lipscomb invited TV/film & video games composer Pieter Schlosser via video conference to join his presentation and discuss their collaboration around video game Destiny 2.
- Arjun Mendhi, CEO of MTonomy, introduced Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) technology with a live demo and an in-depth discussion about the possibilities of A.I.
- The Record Co., a non-profit on a mission to build a sustainable, equitable music scene in Boston through affordable recording facilities, curated a panel that included a thoughtful conversation about how collaboration can create more opportunity for the community. It was well received by the audience and sparked interest and a lengthy Q&A about working together as a community with minimal resources.
- Grammy Award-winning Producer and Engineer Brian Gibbs hosted 'Getting off the Ground: The Making Of A Successful Studio & Record Label.' He provided tips about building out the right space for a successful studio setting and covered the challenges of budget, how to find the right gear and how to make recording music a viable business within' the music industry.
- Highly-acclaimed and respected producer The Arcitype discussed The Business-Minded Urban Producer in 2018.
Attendees were also entered into prize draws for sought-after hardware studio tech including a Steinberg UR-RT2 audio interface with Neve transformers, iZotope Ozone 8, a Prism Sound Lyra 2, IK Multimedia iLoud Speakers, an Earthquaker Devices prize pack and more.
If you missed out this time, don’t worry — Music Expo is a series of conferences for music creators that travels the USA. Upcoming Music Expo events include Music Expo Nashville (22 Sept) and Music Expo San Francisco (10 Nov).